Shipping: £12 p&p UK / £24 p&p Worldwide
These are the proceedings of the TAGSI/FESI Symposium on “Structural Integrity of Nuclear Power Plant: learning from history and looking to the future”, held in April 2013.
ISDN: 978 0 9576730 1 4
8 in stock
These are the proceedings of the TAGSI/FESI Symposium on “Structural Integrity of Nuclear Power Plant: learning from history and looking to the future”, held in April 2013. The Symposium was dedicated to the late Professor Sir Alan Cottrell FRS FREng. Nuclear structural integrity was one of the many areas where Sir Alan had a very important guiding influence which resulted in the UK achieving safe operation of nuclear plant over the last 40 to 50 years. By reflecting upon the past and looking to the future, this book contains messages that are relevant across the whole field of engineering structural integrity.
- R6 and Developments – Bob Ainsworth, Peter Budden
- Radiation Damage of RPV Steels – Colin English, S R Orton
- Benefits of Surveillance Monitoring Schemes – Peter Flewitt, M R Wooten
- The Application of the Master Curve in the Development of High Integrity RPV Steels – Steve Garwood, Daniel Cogswell, David Swan
- Microstructural Aspects of RPV Steels – John Knott, Mil Novovic, Paul Bowen
- Effects of Impurities and Micro-Alloying Elements on RPV Steels – Paul Bowen, John Knott
- Welding, Cladding and PWHT – Sayee Raghunathan
- Residual stresses in Diimilar Welding and their Effects – David Smith, Philip Withers
- Subcritical Crack Growth and EAC in Steels and nickel-based Alloys – David Tice
- Pit-to-Crack Transition – Alan Turnbull
- Delayed Hydride Cracking in Zr Alloys – Ted Darby, Doug Scarth
- Quantifying NDT Reliability – Charles Schneider, John Wintle
- Developments in R5 Procedures – George Webster, D.W. Dean
- UK SI Research in the European Fast Neutron Reactor – James Marrow, Brian Tomkins
Professor J F Knott, OBE, FREng, FRS is Chairman of T.A.G.S.I., the advisory body of both industrial and academic experts, which provides independent advice and peer review to the UK nuclear industry on structural integrity issues.
Dr B Tomkins, FREng is Chairman of FESI – UK Forum for Engineering Structural Integrity which provides a forum for the development and enhancement of best practice for structural integrity practitioners, for academics and across the industry sector in the UK and overseas.